MOVING BEYOND ASANA: A 2-PART WORKSHOP ON YOGA PHILOSOPHY –
Sunday—May 19 and 26, 2019 — 2:30-4:00 pm at Prema Yoga Flow in Granada Hills, CA
What’s this workshop about?
I believe that when we come to yoga, we are following an instinct to live well and to be happy.
Most of us begin our journey of yoga with asana—or yoga posture—as a form of physical exercise or to heal a part of our body.
Many of us then yearn for a greater understanding of the practice and how it can help us with our relationships with others, and to our self.
In this two-part series, we will discuss the five niyamas: cleanliness, contentment, self-discipline, self-study, and surrender.
By learning about the niyamas, we can begin to understand how the whole practice of yoga is a process of examining our attitudes and habitual behaviors.
By becoming aware of our thoughts and actions, we can begin to unlock the magic of internal growth on and off the mat.
All are welcome! No prerequisites are required.
What to expect:
Part one –
- Lecture: Introduction to yoga philosophy – Saucha and Santosha.
- Practice: Become more aware of yourself in your postures.
- Reflection: Learn creative exercises that encourage right attitude, thought, and action.
Part two –
- Lecture: Introduction to Kriya Yoga – Tapas, Svadhyaya and, Ishvara Pranidhana.
- Practice: Learn the art of setting an intention.
- Reflection: Learn creative practices for further contemplation. Intro to pranayama and mantra.
Where: Prema Yoga Flow Studio—17617 Chatsworth Street—Granada Hills, CA—91344
Both Part 1 and 2: $50
Part 1 or 2 only early bird: $30
Part 1 or 2 only day of $35
TO SIGN UP – CLICK HERE
OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org